Tax free shopping
Shoppers eligible for Tax Free Shopping
- If you have a permanent residence in a non-EU country (except Norway).
- If you make purchases two weeks prior to the expiration of your Finnish residence/ work permit.
- Standard rate: 24%
- Food: 14%
Minimum purchase amount
Tax Free goods
- Exported goods must be sealed and unused.
- Non-refundable goods:
- Prepaid mobile services since they can only be used in Finland.
Tax Free Form
- The form is valid 1 year after issuing date.
- The form must be duly stamped by Refund Points managed by Global Blue in Finland, Sweden, Norway or Denmark or by Finnish customs (http://www.tulli.fi/en/) or any other EU customs within 3 months following the month when the form was issued.
- Receipt/invoice must be attached to the form.
- For Immediate Refund ( cash/CC) at Global Blue Refund Offices, the receipt/invoice is only needed for verification and will be returned to customer.
- For Mail back Refunds, i.e. form sent to Global Blue Processing Centre, the receipt/invoice must always be attached to the form.
- The date on the form and the receipt may differ (timeframe: 2 weeks)
Tax free shopping at our boutiques
Look for our stores which are displaying Global Blue Tax Free Shopping signage in the window! You can shop tax free at all our boutiques. When paying for your purchases ask our staff for a Tax Free Form. Tax Free Forms are available in two versions, one blue and one white. Fill in all the required fields in block letters, using the Latin alphabet.
Remember: Incomplete Tax Free Form = No refund
At the airport please allow enough time for the refund process before your flight departs.
Before you check in for your flight, go to the Global Blue refund office at Helsinki airport, or to the Customs desk if a Global Blue refund point is not available, and present your completed Tax Free Form, passport, receipts and purchases to get a stamp on your Form. Tax Free Forms can also be validated at Global Blue’s refund offices in Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
If you are leaving the EU for Russia by car: go to a refund point managed by Global Blue or outside opening hours go to Customs to get a stamp on your Form
If you are leaving the EU for Russia by train: show your goods, Tax Free Form, passport and receipts to the Global Blue representative walking through the train.
Make sure the goods are sealed and unused. Don’t pack them away in your check-in luggage as you will need to show them to a Global Blue representative or a Customs Officer.
Remember: No Export Stamp = No Refund
Go to a Refund office displaying the Global Blue logo or present your stamped and completed Tax Free Forms to receive the refund in cash or to credit card. If you have received the stamp at a Global Blue refund office you will receive your refund immediately.
In a rush? Mail your stamped completed Tax Free Forms to the address of the Global Blue Processing Centre and receive your refund on your credit card. Please observe that at some airports a cash handling fee per "Form" will be charged should you require an Immediate Refund in cash.
NB: The refund you receive is the VAT minus Global Blue’s service fee.
Refund offices in Finland
See all Global Blue Refund Offices here: http://www.globalblue.com/customer-services/tax-free-shopping/refund-points/finland/helsinki-airport/